If you’re attending the National LGBT Bar Assocation’s 2018 Lavender Law Conference & Career Fair from August 8–10, join LeGaL, the LGBT Bar NY at the Marriott Marquis in NYC.
LeGaL staff and board member names are bolded.
WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 8, 2018
- 2:00pm — 3:30pm — Developing a Career in ADR. LeGaL Board Member, William Crosby, Interpublic Group.
- 8:pm — 10:00pm — LeGaL and National Transgender Bar Association Reception at Therapy. A $20 donation at the door. Open bar. Limited to 200 tickets. Proskauer sponsors. Get them here!
THURSDAY, AUGUST 9, 2018
- 9:00am — 10:30am Plenary — Crisis In The Courts: The Future of LGBT Equality and the Federal Judiciary. Our Executive Director Eric Lesh is moderating and speaking.
- 10:45pm — 12:15pm — Establishing Family Equality: New Developments in Laws Protecting Intended Parents. LeGaL Legal Director Brett Figlewski
- 12:30pm — 1:45pm Best LGBT Lawyers Under 40, Leading Practitioners, and Student Awards Lunch. Our Board President Gennaro Savastano is being honored as one of 2018’s “40 Best LGBT Lawyers Under 40.”
- 2:00 — 3:30pm — Practical Ways for the LGBT Legal Community to Create LGBT Fairness in the Legal System. Our Executive Director Eric Lesh is moderating and speaking.
FRIDAY, AUGUST 9, 2018
- 8:30am — 10:00am — Career Services and Job Search Strategies for Law Students. Our Board Member Concepcion Montoya, Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP, will be speaking.
- 2:15pm — 3:00pm Pro Bono Clinics. Our Legal Director Brett Figlewski will lead this panel on how to establish and run a pro bono legal clinic.
All Conference Days
- LeGaL, LGBT Bar NY will be tabling in the concourse! Come by and learn about the benefits of LGBT Bar NY membership. Take advantage of mentorship, volunteer, and pro bono opportunities. Learn about our referral service and our Leadership Council. Meet our members and discover why you should be a part of our amazing 40-year-old association of LGBT legal professionals.